Features FHX300 available from Roeder Implement, Iowa
The FHX300 has a wide 25.5-in. (647.7-mm) throat opening to swallow even the heaviest crops. The feedrolls move material smoothly and evenly into the cutterhead.
Rugged, 21-in. (533-mm)-diameter cutterhead
- 12 hardened alloy knives chop evenly and efficiently
- Knives span the full width of cutterhead
- Provides uniform length of cut, converting crop into high-quality feed
A powerful 1,000-rpm blower moves crops quickly to fill wagons and trucks fast. Works efficiently regardless of whether you’re working in wet, heavy hay or an easy-to-blow crop like corn.
ELECTRONIC REMOTE CONTROLS
Electronic remote controls allow you to rotate the spout 90 degrees. The spout is easily repositioned to fill towed forage wagons or trucks to the left. From your tractor seat, you control:
- FHX300 feedroll direction either forward or reverse
- Crop heads
- Standard hydraulic tongue swing from road to field position
Convenient adjustments make it easy to keep the FHX300 chopping at peak efficiency.
- Built-in knife sharpener sharpens knives easily – no tools needed
- Reversible gearbox is easy to access for fast sharpening
Shearbar adjustment is also fast and easy for optimum cutterhead performance. Feedrolls lift up for easy cleaning and inspection of shearbar and smooth roll scraper.
LENGTH OF CUT CONTROL
The FHX300 allows for precise cut length adjustment. Control length of cut by:
- Changing feedroll speed
- Adding or removing knives
- Using one of five optional recutter screens
Achieve a cut length from 3/16 in. to 7/16 in. (5 mm to 11.1 mm) with all 12 knives. With only four knives selected, achieve a cut length as long as 1 5/16 in. (33.3 mm).
METAL DETECTOR PROTECTION
Detector stops feedrolls within a fraction of a second – before metal can damage the cutterhead. How it works:
- Sensor and electromagnet in the front lower feedroll emits a constant magnetic field between the two stainless steel lower feedrolls
- Light and horn alert when metal is detected and a signal is sent to solenoid to stop the feedrolls
- Power is shut off to an electric clutch on reversing gearbox that shifts to neutral and stops power to feedroll drive
- Feedroll control switch allows you to back the material out of feedrolls
- After metal is removed, detector resets automatically
OPTIONAL CROP PROCESSOR
Processor maximizes feed quality in corn silage, saving time and cost by chopping and processing in one operation. By removing the material baffle and the processor drive belt you can chop haylage.
Crop coming from cutterhead is propelled between two 8-in. (203-mm)-diameter fluted rolls. The top roll turns 15% faster than the bottom roll, providing the scuffing action necessary to crack kernels and break cob pieces. This results in:
- Better fermentation
- More effective fiber in the ration
- Feed that’s easier for livestock to digest
HDX10P/HDX20P WINDROW PICKUPS
Ground-hugging HDX10P/HDX20P windrow pickups gather the entire crop.
- Heavy-duty gauge wheels handle rough ground
- Helps pickup rise over swells and into dips without gouging
- Open end pulls in wide wind-blown windrows
- Two models available
- 76.5 in. or 92 in. (1.94 mm or 2.34 mm) models, tine to tine
- Closely-spaced pickup tines flex to gather entire windrow
- Floating auger handles heavy crop conditions
- Retractable finger feed auger feeds crop smoothly
- Auger reverses with feedrolls to easily clear plugs in case of overload
HDX3R THREE-ROW CORN HEAD
Grabs every stalk grown, even in lodged crop conditions.
- Points float over ground contours
- Skid shoes are adjustable to eliminate bulldozing
- Gathers corn stalks planted on 28- to 32-in. (711- to 813-mm) row spacing
- Gathering chains reach forward to grasp corn stalks and feed smoothly into feedrolls
- Cutting discs shear corn close to the ground
- Discs are spring loaded
- Allows discs to move out of the way when an obstacle is encountered
- Right- and left-hand power dividers ensure heavy crop flows into feedrolls